Tuesday, December 1, 2020

Carpin during covid with ultra light fly rod




I'm continuing my ultralight fly fishing campaign for carp using the Advantic automatic
fly reel.  While the company Advantic has named their reel "automatic" it is a reel that is based
on the Vivarelli design. Franco Vivarelli made semi-automatic fly reels for years.


I have chummed this spot for several days. after 1 PM.  Based on this method of 
chumming, by the third-day fish get use to this type of buffet-style feeding and expect their food
Unfortunately, so do other bottom feeders like catfish.  


 As the evening approached, I made what I thought would be my last cast.  I  cast to a
place that I know has produced carp in the past.  It was difficult to reach using a 3 weight rod;
somehow I reached the area.  Pictured is the result of chumming every day with corn.

No comments:

Post a Comment