Friday, October 22, 2021

Hooked two carp, landed one in small lake






This time out, I fished a custom, 11 foot, 4 pieces, 6 wt fly rod.  I've had this rod for a while now.
However, in an effort to reach some far away carp, when they are feeding on the lake's surface;
this rod is loaded with  Olympic Pennisula Spey Tactics fly line (300 grams).


What was once arduous efforts to reach fish is now just a "D" loop away.  I almost feel kind of guilty now.  Carp are still harder to come by but not simply too hard to reach.  Years ago, I fished a Beulah
switch rod to catch carp that seemed to be wary of my efforts to catch them.  This rod is about a
foot shorter than my switch rod.


Small fish must be in the water surrounding this island.


I hooked two really fiesty carp this afternoon.  But I lost one to a tippet that could not take the
 head-shaking tactics of the carp.  




 

No comments:

Post a Comment