Sunday, November 28, 2021

Big mirror carp in Central Park Lake (Loeb Lake)












Wow and double wow!  I caught this big mirror carp this afternoon.  My effort to
fish for and catch carp is a huge success.


The mirror carp fought long and hard but I've learned to be patient when fishing for carp.
There were lots of head shaking and long runs in several directions.  I hold the rod loosely
to protect the tippet.  You must have "soft hands". I fished my 11 foot, 6 weight with a Skagit
fly line (300 gr), ATP 37 semi automatic fly reel.


This was a great day of fishing. I caught several fish and the last fish,  the mirror, was the largest.
 

I need to buy a bigger net.


 

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a common carp not a mirror, and I hope you put it back for someone else to catch at at a later date.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are 2 carp in this post. The first photo is a mirror carp( please enlarge the picture, you will see the scale pattern is of a mirror carp) The other pictures are of a common carp I caught at that time. In case you are not familiar with NYC fishing rules, all fishing in the city limits is "catch & release"! I have fished in the city for more than 20 years and I am licensed

    ReplyDelete