Friday, June 24, 2022

Fiberglass fly rod and Orvis "Hydros Bank Shot Float"fly line at Prospect Park Lake


I tested the Orvis "Hydros Bank Shot Float." again today with a 3-piece, 7'6" 4/5 wt fiberglass fly rod.  The rod felt a little bit overmatched but it did throw the line. 


The only fish that are active are immature Bluegills.  Armed with only blood worm flies, I fished
the lake at Prospect Park. I hit all the known places that hold panfish at this time of year.


Fiberglass fly rods are fun to fish.  They are nearly indestructible and can cast a number of different
weight fly lines. Right now I have used an 8-weight fly line on a variety of different-weight glass fly rods.


This is the fly I've been using.


I plan to fish the"Hydros Bank Shot Float." fly line with an 8 wt graphite fly rod.  I have a March Brown fly rod I will test to see if there are any differences in casting.




 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Bill! Is that an ATP37 reel?

    ReplyDelete




































































  2. Yes it is! It is very much like the Franco Vivarelli Goldstar. I have this very rare aluminum reel and the newer graphite model.

    ReplyDelete