Thursday, October 20, 2022

Over kill - fishing with Beulah 8 weight switch rod and 300 gram OPST fly line

I just felt like casting this evening.  So I picked up my switch rod and went Prospect Park to work on

my spey casting.  The water in the lake looks like it does in the spring time, clear with no blue algae

or any algae at all.  The sun sets earlier now because we are well into fall.  But it is still warm enough

that a tee shirt is all I need.   really didn't expect to catch anything.   just wanted to practice casting.


 

Here it is a four piece, ten and a half foot, eight weight, switch fly rod.  I used my graphite ATP 37

semi automatic fly reel which is loaded with the Olympic Peninsula Skagit 300 gram fly line.  I made

some nice casts and felt satisfied with my "snap tees" for changing direction.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment