Monday, November 13, 2023

carp fishing at Loeb Lake fall 2023




Sorry for the delay in posting pictures of carp that I caught last week in Central Park
I had some technical difficulties loading these photos.


These fish were caught on consecutive days of fishing, between 3:00 -5:00 pm.
My rod was the Maxcatch, 4 pc,6wt, 8'6" fiberglass fly rod and the OCR Bighorn semi-automatic fly reel. I fished a 7 wt fly line, furled fluorocarbon leader & 8lb tippet..


Can you see the size of the net I used? It is the Promar  Trophy Series #3,
the largest of the folding nets (26 inches wide and 17" deep).


The tourists and passerbyes were impressed with the fish I caught but none of the carp were
longer than 30 inches. I have caught larger fish in this lake and I know that there are fish weighing
more than 30 pounds.


I struggled with the last fish caught. It wouldn't stay in the net. Once, twice, three times it managed
 to find a way out. Very frustrating!


shout out to Jacob!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment