Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Winter fishing



I took a trip to Central Park today. The weather
has been very mild this winter. Almost no
snow and no ice on the lakes for the month of
February.



I brought my new 2 wt, 11 foot rod. Small nymph
patterns are the fly of the day until summer.
By small, I mean flies size #14 and smaller.



I started at the Meer at 110th street.



There was a slight wind. I saw no feeding fish.



I walked down to the Pool at 103rd street.
The water is clear but I saw nothing.



The Meer looking east



Another view of the Meer, looking south



Prospect Park was my next stop. Here I hooked
some blue gills.



I noticed this statue of Frederick Douglas, across
the street from Central Park.



This view of the Meer was taken near fifth avenue
looking west.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home