Friday, March 6, 2015

Lapland




Went skiing for the first time since September 15th , 2013. without my niece and nephews.
Lapland Lake has had a tremendous season so far.  The area has had packed powder since
some time in January.


I skied the lower Karhu trail because it is far easier than trying to ski the entire Karhu trail by doing
the upper loops.  My legs do not have the conditioning required to hold together on the steeper
climbs and faster down hill runs.


The last time I saw powder snow like this was when I was in Salen, Sweden, 1986!  The snow is
almost like concrete but it is fast for skating and classical skiing.


To the left are the expert trails, on the right, back to the lodge for rest and coco.



A lower "selfie" of me standing over my no wax skis.  Yes I skied on no wax skis today, too lazy
to wax.  But I should have brought some waxable skis as the conditions were excellent for hard wax
this past weekend.


I hope to get back to Lapland Lake at least once more before the season ends.


No comments:

Post a Comment