Saturday, November 26, 2016

Ultra light carp fishing 2


I usually fish this part of Loeb Lake at the beginning and end of the season.  I draw fish to this area
by chumming with a mixture of corn, oatmeal and odds and ends I have at home.  I don't like
to keep carp bait in my house during the winter.


I used a cheap fiberglass fly rod I bought a few years ago on eBay.  This rod cost all of $15.00.
My ultralight equipment for this day included  a 3pc, 7'6" rod and a carbon fiber semi-automatic
Franco Vivarelli reel designed for trout.  Once I wrote to Franco Vivarelli's customer service office questioning if their carbon fiber could be used to take carp.  They answered with a resounding NO!
But I tried it anyway.


My process for late fall chumming a lake is to pick several consecutive warm weather days
 ( above 50 F.).   Each day I chum at a time when I know carp like to feed in this part of the lake.



I continue to chum and fish the "spot" until the weather turns colder.



I managed to catch this rare fantail carp

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home