Saturday, July 28, 2018

Almost too hot to fly fish in Prospect Park Lake


This past week the temperature has been above 90F.  Fishing is slow, especially before 4pm.
Due to some family issues I have not been able to fish much this season.  I fished an old graphite
5 wt rod and the Ghost fly reel from Spain.  I've always had trouble with the drag on this reel and the customer service from the online shop that sells the reel is no help!


Normally I like to fish small flies that imitate minnows.  Today I fished one of my favorites flies,
the Hornsburg.  I wet a few leech patterns too.


The area at the Boat house and The Lullwater were covered from shore to shore by duck weed, algae and invasive water plants.  So , a lot of places that hold bass , golden shiners and other panfish
were off limits .  Total fish caught this hot summer week of fishing 3 but it was fun to cast the rod
and catch fish.

No comments:

Post a Comment