Wednesday, November 14, 2012

3 days and one carp


This is the time of the season that test my patience.   The air temperature is warmer than the water
temperature.  Fish, big carp are hard to find.  This little guy was caught after 4:00pm.  I got to the park
after a 2 hour bus ride.  The Lincoln tunnel was closed due to a bus accident.  So the bus driver drove
to the Holland tunnel, in lower Manhattan.

I got to the lake about 3:00pm put some chum out to see if carp would feed.  All I could see
were the remnants of hurricane Sandy's visit.  There were dead tree leaves and branches in the
lake.  Normally smaller carp feed in the shallow parts of the lake but not even the minnows were here.

It was good to feel the pull again as this smaller carp roared off across the lake.  It wasn't a long fight.
After netting him it was dark;  so I packed up and walked to the bus stop.  The train service is still not
working as a result of the hurricane.  If I fish here again this year I will bring my switch rod.  Carp
are holding more than 50 feet from shore .  I used a nine foot, six weight rod this afternoon.


No comments:

Post a Comment