Monday, November 26, 2012

Adidas Hiking Boots


I have had a long relationship with Adidas.  They supplied me with product support when
I was a member of the US Disabled Ski Team.  They now make an outstanding Gore Tex
Hiking Boot.  Last spring I had foot surgery and these boots allow me to walk for hours
without complaint.  In the past my hiking boot selection was made solely on price.  


The adidas Terrex Hike GTX Hiking Shoe has a sophisticated technical design for covering long distances
on any terrain. These shoes are 100 percent weatherproof thanks to a breathable GORE-TEX® membrane. This hiking boot has a trail-biting TRAXION™ outsole and adaptive FORMOTION® cushioning.
  • High abrasion mesh upper for extra durability
  • Outdoor-specific FORMOTION® unit for enhanced motion control and downhill comfort;
  • GORE-TEX Performance Comfort Membrane - Waterproof -Breathable
  • adiPRENE+ in the forefoot maintains propulsion and efficiency
  • TORSION System for midfoot support
  • TRAXION outsole provides the best grip and agility during fast activities
  • Weight: 22.5 oz. (per shoe, Size 9)


I bought these low boots, which are also made with Gore Tex.  A must for urban fly fishers who
wants a boot that has less ankle support.  I go through a pair of hiking boots 3 or 4 times a year.
I look for quality at a good price and the Adidas GTX hiking boots deliver.

adidas AX Low GTX Hiking Boot for Men provides waterproof protection at a great value. This lightweight mid-hiker is ready for a day hike in every condition, the highly breathable GORE-TEX® membrane guarantees to keep feet dry.
  • GORE-TEX® Extended comfort Footwear - Waterproof and breathable, Ideal for higher activity levels
  • Molded sockliner to enhance comfort and fit
  • Lightweight EVA midsole for long term cushioning
  • Super high traction rubber for optimal grip in wet conditions
  • Weight 13oz


The Terrex MID GTX is a compromise between the LOW GTX and the Terrex GTX
If provides ankle support at a lighter weight.  After a day of walking along a river bank
looking for feeding carp or a long walk around a big lake; your feet will be in comfort.
If you need to cross a small stream, these boots will keep your feet dry.


The adidas Terrex Fast X FM MID GTX is a super light hiking boot designed for fast outdoor activities. A Gore-Tex membrane keeps the wet out while allowing your feet to breathe, while regulating temperature during high energy pursuits like hiking or running. Adidas have integrated a Traxion outsole with Continental rubber and Formotion to give great grip and stability while out on the trail. Formotion gives enhanced motion control and downhill comfort while the Continental rubber is highly durable so you'll be comfortable for miles and miles of high octane fun.
  • The lining is a GORE-TEX performance comfort membrane. Waterproof and breatheable, it keeps your feet dry from the inside and out.
  • The Midsole is outdoor specific FORMOTION unit for enhanced motion control and downhill comfort.
  • The midsole also features full forefoot adiPRENE+ for forefoot propulsion and efficiency.
  • AgION™ inside to keep feet dry and odor-free.
  • The outsole provides the best grip and agility during fast activities with Traxion technology.


5 Comments:

At November 26, 2012 at 4:00 PM , Blogger Gregg said...

Good review Bill. If I had a need for such a thing now I'd be sold.

Gregg

 
At November 26, 2012 at 7:50 PM , Blogger The Great Lakes of NYC said...

I read about you and frost bite. I have had frost bite on every extremity from my body( that one too). after years of skiing & racing in cold weather, I feel cold just walking down the beer aisle!

Bill

 
At November 30, 2012 at 12:15 PM , Blogger Gregg said...

Believe it or not I Nordic skied in Alaska as a less stressful exercise to my running which I kept up every day until injuries found me. I concur, in the time I did it before my injury I felt the cold as you describe. Fine line in dressing warm and free movement.

Gregg

 
At December 2, 2012 at 9:21 PM , Blogger The Great Lakes of NYC said...

Do you sit ski? I've been to Anchorage twice once in the winter 1993 and 2003 for King Salmon fishing at the end of June( 43", 38 lbs).

 
At June 19, 2020 at 8:57 PM , Blogger The Great Lakes of NYC said...

Adidas makes a good reliable boot; ideal for walking and hiking!

Bill

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home