Friday, April 17, 2015

Fly Fishing at The Meer



  It is my first time fishing at The Meer in awhile.  Each spring I look forward to starting the season
 here because of the Crappie and  mature Bluegill.


My friend Dennis  has advised me to look for patrolling carp near the entrance to the park.
Carp do follow a swim pattern and if you know it  it makes fishing for them less difficult.


Upon entering the park I saw several Koi sunning themselves .


Here there are four Koi, two orange and two white, holding just off the bottom





I used a soft hackle pattern to catch this first Bluegill.



I fished my March Brown 9 foot, 2 weight fly rod and a 6X tippet. 



It was kind of windy but I was able to cast and reach fish all around The Meer.



A different look at The Meer from the south end.  Here the wind was calm and the
the bluegills large.


This fish is seven inches long!


I lost a good number of fish but I caught more than I lost.  Fish under four inches were not photographed.


I ended the day fishing an articulated nymph.


The water is still quite clear because the air temperature has not become warm enough
to cause an algae bloom or duck weed to form.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home