Saturday, October 26, 2019

No name 7' 6", 3 piece, 3/4 wt fiberglass fly rod



In a recent post, I mention that I had purchased an inexpensive fiberglass fly rod on eBay,
a few years ago.  The total cost for the rod was less than twenty dollars.


Well, I was able to locate it.  I fished with it in Prospect Park at the lake.
I matched it with the Spanish made Ghost, semi automatic fly reel and a five weight line.


The beauty of glass fly rods is their ability to work well while being "overlined and underlined".


Bloodworm flies


My three piece, 7'6" 3/4 weight No Name fiberglass fly rod.



Close up view of Ghost semi automatic fly reel.  It is very much like a Vivarelli semi automatic
fly reel, except for the drag system.


The rod handled the five weight line with ease.  Too bad I couldn't locate more fish!


No comments:

Post a Comment