Monday, September 5, 2011

Milton lake



I took a trip to Milton lake. There is still evidence
of Hurricane Irene on the shores of this lake.
Water marks and wet brown grass outline the
shore line of this lake.



I arrived late in the morning. Since this was
my first visit, I walked and surveyed the lakes edge.
As I reached the south end, I had to get permission
to cross because part of the road had been
washed away. The east side of the lake is
strictly bushwacking over tree branches,
mud and muck.





The water was clear and I saw fish swimming;
Panfish and carp live here. I set up for carp but
I had no takers on the east side.



When the sun started to get low, I began to catch
some blue gills on nymphs & streamers.
Just before sunset, I hooked my first bass of the
summer. He jumped at least three times but
I kept my rod tip low.



I noticed these flowers on the west side of the
lake. They remind me of daisies .



A great place for largemouth bass to hide, carp too!
These pads line the west bank.



And I even saw an orange koi here.

No comments:

Post a Comment