Wednesday, May 24, 2023

Loeb Lake


It rained all day,  so I decided to ignore the wetness.  I can endure any weather to catch
carp, except temperatures below 50 F. I figured I'd try my luck at Central Park.  Due to the rain, there were few pedestrians in the park; so I could fish undisturbed by onlookers.


At first, all I saw were turtles.  Their behavior has been manipulated by people feeding them at this
 spot.  Normally I don't fish here because of this. I chummed and that seemed to create a frenzy in
their activity.  I waited and had to move about 30 feet away from where I had set up. It was twilight
and I was about to accept the reality that I would be skunked. But moving to a different spot seemed to confuse the turtles.  They didn't follow me.  I was about to pack up when my line started to move.


 My 7 wt fly rod weathered the fight and it was not a brief fight either.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home