Sunday, June 4, 2023

Kissena


I traveled back to the place where I caught my biggest carp ever, Kissena park lake.
In April 2013, at the end of the day my buddy, Dennis and I hooked two large carp.  We were


using deer hair flies on # 10 hooks.  We saw several really big carp feeding on the surface.
 To say that we were excited is an understatement. We had just climbed a fence to get into
 this place in the park.  Our backs were up against a wall. There was no room to back cast.
  But we used Spey casting technique to reach the open mouths of these fish.


 It took me an hour to finally land my fish It made more than eight runs across
the lake.  A few years later, the lake had an emergency that required The Department of Parks to pump water into the lake in order to raise the oxygen levels.  Fish did die. Today was the first time
 I returned to the lake. And, I was skunked.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment