Thursday, August 19, 2010

Woodcliff Lake



On my way to Indian lake I noticed this lake in North Bergen, New Jersey. At the time no one knew the name of the park or the name of the body of water. I noticed the street name and did a Google search. So this morning I went to Woodcliff Lake to fish it myself. The reports say there
are bass, BGs, carp and the state of New Jersey drops trout in the lake several times during the season.



The lake is shallow and sits on about 15 acres of park land. What I noticed about the lake is that there are lots of bass fingerlings near the lake's edge. A good sign that there are big bass too.



After a walk around the lake I put my rod together, tied on a #10 BH woolie bugger and began to fish. A third of the way around the lake, I hook a really nice size bass.



I hooked a couple of BGs and club size bass ( bass less than 10 inches) on the same woolie bugger.

No comments:

Post a Comment