Saturday, March 5, 2011

Almost spring



I was out this afternoon as the temperature rose
to 60F. It was warm but the wind was gusting to
15MPH and the sun was behind the clouds.
There is still ice on the lake and the Lullwater is
completely covered by ice.



I brought my new cane fly rod for some practice
with several fly lines. I'm not sure if I will under
or overline this rod. While I was walking the shore
line, I noticed this furry creature running for cover.
A possum in broad daylight! I'd heard they are in
the park but until this afternoon I had never seen
one.



This picture was taken at the Boat House. I thought
that this area would be free of ice. Oh well maybe
next week.



I'll take a look later this coming week.

1 comment:

  1. I was out that Saturday and fished the park. It really is amazing though how long ice will last. I hope this weekend will be better as well. I enjoy your posts.

    ReplyDelete