Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Carpin in the rain




It was a cool rainy day so I picked up my Fenwick
"535" fiberglass fly rod. This rod is rated for 5 wt
fly line but recently I discovered that fly rods
can be underlined. For years I had overlined this
rod with 7 wt fly line. Now I fish this rod as if it is
a 3 wt using 3 wt fly line for delicate presentations.

Notice the new tiles on the ceiling




Looking north



The famous Bethesda Fountain a big tourist
attraction but it makes carp fishing here almost
impossible.



This is what is called "The Mall" in Central Park.
It has been used in many films. I remember it
from the film "Kramer v. Kramer, with Dustin
Hoffman and Meryl Streep.



The whole time I fished it rained but I had
the place to myself. During my battle with this
carp This fiberglass rod was bent into a "U"
literally! If it had not been for the drag on the
ATP 37 reel I might still be in a tug of war.

No comments:

Post a Comment