Saturday, April 30, 2011

Peter's principal



I traveled to Bergen county looking to fish for
bass & carp. Last year I caught a nice bass here
on a black woolie bugger. I arrived here after
1:00pm. People were fishing, lots of people.
My plan was to throw some chum, fish for bass
and panfish and then try to catch a carp.
After putting some chum in the water, I put my
cane fly rod together and attached my ATP 37
semi automatic fly reel. It was at that point
I discovered that the reel would not release
line. The spool was cracked completely! How?
I don't know. But with no working reel,
I repacked and headed for home. As I walked
towards the bus stop, I asked a man why
so many were fishing. He said that the lake
had been stocked with trout shortly before
I had got there.



After I returned home, I changed equipment & headed
to Prospect Park lake. I set up in a wooded area,
this time looking for carp.



Not one carp was detected. But the bass here
have begun to spawn. Here is one sitting on its
bed near the shore.



While walking through the forest, yes
the park includes a small forest. I saw this
and took a photo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home