Friday, August 5, 2011

6wt



Decided to have some fun this afternoon.
I packed my gear with a 6 weight rod and headed
to New Jersey.



My plan was to see how many carp I could catch
before it got dark. I arrived at the lake after
3:00pm. It was warm but not oppressively hot.
I started at the west end of the lake.



As I worked my way east, I saw a few guys
fishing for carp, without fly rods.
They were fishing with just a can of corn for bait.
Not what I would recommend for carp. Yes they,
the carp take corn but I always carry more than
one weapon into war.



Carp will feed at different levels in the water
column; so one needs to use tactics that will allow
one to fish where the carp are feeding.
I fish on the bottom, top and in between to increase
the likelihood of catching a fish.



By the end of the evening, the other carp fishers
were watching in amazement as I hooked carp
and catfish. I had 9 carp take my offerings and
landed 6 carp. when they saw I was using a
#12 hair ball, they didn't know what to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment