Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Fly fishing at Indian Lake


I have been fishing at Indian lake for several years now.  It is listed as having a big carp
population.  However, I have never caught a carp or for that matter a fish here.  I will not fish here
again, for a long while.


It was late so I took the train to one of The Great Lakes of NYC.  I went to the Bronx
and fished Van Cortlandt Park's lake.


I have caught a variety of fish here.  I've caught big carp here as well as crappie, perch
and bass.





Van Cortlandt Park is a 1,146-acre (464 ha) park located in the Bronx in New York City. It is the third largest park in New York City, behind Pelham Bay Park and Staten Island Greenbelt.
The park was named for Stephanus Van Cortlandt, who was the first native-born mayor of New York, and the Van Cortlandt family, which was prominent in the area during the Dutch and English colonial periods. Contained within the Park is the Van Cortlandt House Museum, the oldest building in the Bronx. The park is operated by the New York City Department of Parks and Recreation.
The eastern side of the park is served by the Woodlawn subway station (4 train), and the western side by Van Cortlandt Park – 242nd Street station (1 train).
Van Cortlandt Park contains New York City's largest freshwater lake

No comments:

Post a Comment