Monday, September 30, 2013

Quadriceps Tendon Tear after fishing in Watertown


I made my annual trip to see my friend who lives near Watertown, Massachusetts.
Normally the trip consists of fishing rivers and ponds in the area.  We talk and joke about
life.


This year I got a tip about an old clay pit that is used for fishing and has carp.  My friend
likes to float and use his inflatable kayak when I fish but no boats are permitted.  So we
 fished a pond with no name and a fence around it.  Maybe it was too early but fish were not
 actively feeding.  I did see schools of minnows swimming in the north end of the pond.


We packed up his kayak and drove to the clay pit.  Here there were clear signs that fish, carp
were feeding and even jumping.  I hooked 6 carp and brought 4 to my net.  The smallest was
about 4 kilograms and the largest was 6 kilograms.  I was not able to take any pictures because
my camera got wet at the no name pond.



Afterwards, we went home for dinner and that is when I had an accident.  While I was walking
down the stairs I tripped and fell down the stairs which resulted in me tearing my right quadriceps
muscles.  It was not especially painful but I could not walk on my right leg.  So I had surgery,
the next day.   Now that my camera has dried, It can take pictures again.  And the photos shown,
show my leg with and without the surgical staples.  I will not be able to ski this winter.


No comments:

Post a Comment