Saturday, October 19, 2013

Eleven foot custom made fly rods


My six weight, eleven foot, four piece custom fly rod.  I had this rod built with a fighting butt.
Even with the lack of casting room in most urban parks; this rod is fun to fish.  I use mostly
single hand spey  casting technique to reach fish.


I purchased the blanks on e-bay and had the rod put together by a buddy in Texas.







This is the sister rod to my six weight, eleven foot rod.  It is a two weight, eleven foot, four piece
fly rod.

Yes it is carp friendly too.  I tend to overline my ultra light rods by two weights.


As long as you use a net when fishing for carp you will be able to handle the occasional
big carp when you are fishing using ultra light equipment.
 

2 weight



Guides


Ferrules


6 weight


Guides



Hook holder




The boat dock at Prospect Park

No comments:

Post a Comment