Sunday, October 16, 2016

Fishing at Prospect Park Boathouse



It is fall weather.  Normally fishing here picks up as fish begin to feed before colder temperatures and  winter arrive.  I went out with the hope that panfish would be feeding as the afternoon progressed.  The temperatures allowed me to fish in my shirt sleeves and not wear a jacket.


The water in front of the Boathouse in Prospect Park was not covered in algae and duckweed
as it has been for most of the summer.  There was no wind and the water surface looked like a mirror
I like to start fishing with nymphs or small wooly buggers.


I picked up this fiberglass fly rod on eBay a few years ago.  It is a 7', 6", 3 piece, 3/4 wt.
It is matched with my old Franco Vivarelli semi automatic fly reel.  This is one of the earlier versions.
There is no quick release so that the spool can be changed fast.


Usually fish like to hold under the wooden deck at the boathouse.  Today it was different
I saw no fish in front of or under the deck.  In fact, the only fish I caught was just south
of the deck.  The rest of the water here showed no fish.

No comments:

Post a Comment