Monday, October 3, 2016

Bronx River


The Bronx River was clear near Tuckahoe.  I walked completely around the pool of water.
But there were no carp feeding.


Since I had my hip waders I walked down the river to the next pool.  For the most part, the river is shallow here.  The water rarely exceeds three feet.  I walked slowly so as not to disturb any fish before I saw them.  There were no carp to be seen this morning.   The only thing I saw in the river that was unusual was floating patches of algae.


My advice about the river is to walk carefully as there are many "soft spots", especially
at entry points.  Whether wet wading or wearing full waders it is possible to find yourself
in trouble if you are not careful.

About eleven o'clock I located a pod of carp that were roaming the flats pictured above
but just as quickly has the pod appeared, it disappeared.  except for a small orange koi
I could not find the pod again.  I spent the remainder of the day looking for carp with
George.  George likes to swing egg patterns to catch carp on the Bronx River.  Neither of us
 caught anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment