Sunday, November 12, 2017

Loeb Lake in the pink


I returned to fish Loeb Lake.  This time I used a different fake bait.  It was pink to
resemble lunch meat.  You can see it laying on the pectoral fin in the photo above.


Just to show that I am human I tried to walk on water today.  I slipped on a rock and the next thing
I knew I was in the lake, up to my groin area!  Quick foot work and a forward lunge towards a big rock prevented me from falling face first into the lake.  My shoes are made from gore tex so I was not
completely wet.


I have been using Rio LT trout fly line.  The result of using this weight forward line has been impressive.  It allows me to roll cast and use single rod spey casting technique where there is heavy coverage.  I used a 7 wt fiberglass fly rod and one of my Franco Vivarelli semi automatic fly reels.


I don't know what caused this carp to bleed but I was able to return it to the lake as quickly as I could


Almost no wind as the afternoon wore on.


No comments:

Post a Comment