Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Prospect Park


It was mid afternoon when I picked up my rod and headed to Prospect Park Lake.
In the fall, fish can be very active at this time of day.  Sometimes Golden Shiners,
Yellow Perch come to the party.  Depending on the rig I am fishing ; I can catch two fish at
a time.

Things were different this afternoon.  Fish were not holding in their old spots in front of the boat house.  So i dropped bead head nymphs down, straight down, from the deck.  Fish, even big bass like to hold under the deck at the boat house.


A drop and a very slow elevation of the nymph will get an aggressive take from
whatever is in the area.  This afternoon it was blue gill.  I had my forty dollar fly rod, from ebay
and the Ghost semi automatic fly reel from Spain.   I have had great difficulty dealing with the vendor of this reel.  The reel has an unusual method for setting the drag.  I do not recommend that anyone, unless you live near the shop, buy this reel.  The drag DOES NOT WORK and the vendor only supplies a picture of where the drag is and a tool that does not adjust the drag .  I think a video
might be helpful but there is none.


I finished the afternoon catching several fish and practicing my casting.

No comments:

Post a Comment