Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Mill pond


Wet wading at this time of the year is almost unheard of but with the air temperature
above 70 F; I stepped into the Mill Pond.  This pond is stocked by New York's Department of Environmental Conservation.


There are a variety of fish in the pond.  The pond is covered in vegetation but it can be fished.
A friend had told me that carp were active.  It appears that the pond is less than five feet deep and the bottom was firm more than thirty feet from the shore.


Me, knee deep in Mill Pond.  The water was surprisingly warm for it to be fall


I walked the entire circumference of the pond but saw no fish and it's a big pond.
Streamers, nymphs, nothing was working on this day.  So I dried off, packed my stuff and left.
"I shall return", as the nearby fishing shop states there are a lot of crappie in the water here.


No comments:

Post a Comment