Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Hanging and banging




Due to the heat wave in New York, I have put down my fly rods and picked up the weights this week. This was my second time visiting my gym this week. I try to change my routine as often as possible so that my body is kept under stress. Change and growth occurs when the body is forced to adjust. So instead of doing a warm up and a long cardio session I lifted weights first. I did super sets for legs, moving quickly from one machine to the next without a rest in between sets. Nothing heavy but lots of reps; no need to bulk up. By the time I finished the weights, I was beginning to feel tired. A few gulps of cold water and I climbed onto the stairmaster for a forty five minute session. After the cardio,I went to the Stretching area and cooled down. I hope to fish the Passaic River sometime this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment