Wednesday, November 3, 2010

South Pond



I returned to Nassau county this morning. I wanted to fish South Pond in Rockville Center. The pond is stocked with Trout twice each season. It was breezy to say the least when I arrived and cooler than I liked but I was dressed for the weather. Usually there are a number of anglers here but today I saw no one fishing.



This pond has a population of yellow perch and since the pond is not in New York City fish can be harvested depending on their size.



Next to South Pond is Mc Donalds pond, a smaller fishery but also stocked with perch, trout and bass. This pond's water was crystal clear,the good news. The bad news no fish were visable,not one.


Mc Donald's Pond

I fished for a few hours and then walked back to the Long Island Rail Road, skunked.



There was no evidence of carp activity today in Mc Donald's pond either.

No comments:

Post a Comment