Thursday, November 6, 2014

Late fall fly fishing in Brooklyn



I met a few of the regulars in Prospect Park this afternoon.  Panfishing is HOT now as the
evening is warm.  We caught perch, golden shiners, bluegills and crappie in front of the boathouse.


Carp buddies, Dennis and Steve were there fishing with ultra light spinning gear.  Part of
the lake surface was covered in dead tree leaves which provided a blanket of protection
for the active fish beneath the surface.


I was using nymph patterns and casting my line into the open areas of the leaves.  It didn't take
long to catch my first fish.  I don't have the patience of Dennis so once I caught a fish, I would
move to the next area in the pool I fished.


It was fun and at the same time intense because fish were feeding but the sun was setting and
I didn't want to miss any fish. 



No comments:

Post a Comment