Sunday, November 9, 2014

West Caldwell, New Jersey


I finally returned to Grover Cleveland Park.  When I was here last summer there was
algae everywhere.  This time the water was clear and I could see three koi feeding under a patch
of  floating leaves.


When you look closely you can see the orange, white and black koi as they feed and patrol


The weather forecast was for a warm, sunny day but it was cool and overcast.  This type of
condition doesn't bother me as long as fish are biting.  Fish were not biting today.


There was very little wind but it was cooler than I expected.  I saw a two pound bass and a pocket bass
near the shore line.


I was told that the lake has crappie, bluegills and other panfish but none made themselves
visible this time.  Oh well, I'll come back in the spring because there are reports of fish in this little pond.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home