Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Pelham Lake and Glenwood Lake


Pelham Lake is actually a reservoir for the Hutchinson River.  I have fished here a couple of times
and never caught anything.  But I couldn't pass it up this afternoon.  It look so calm and inviting
as my train approached Pelham Station.


Fishing this lake on this hot afternoon was not my initial intention.  It was a"spur of the moment"
thing because I saw the lake and it look like I would catch a few fish here before heading
east to Glenwood Lake.


My intention was to fish this lake at each opening in the brush quickly, so that I would still have
time to fish Glenwood.  I saw no fish in the clear water.  I saw no fish holding until I got to the
 south shore of the lake.  Here, I saw small bass and bluegills in a holding pattern and facing a
south wall I've seen this behavior before and it means fish are not in a feeding mode.  Small fish
 will respond but there is little chance of catching bigger fish.


I tried a Green Woolie worm and hooked a tiny BG.  There were dozens of fish in the water at
my feet.  None were interested in the flies I used.


Sweating,  I walked to Glenwood Lake.  Glenwood Lake is fed by an underground stream.
It makes the lake appear to have a huge aerator in the center of the lake.  I've been told that the lake is stocked with trout in the spring.


Crappie fishing is reported to be good in the spring.


There is evidence which shows that there are carp here too!  As I walked the shore line,
there were swirls as a fish moved from the shore.  I went to two lakes and hooked 4 BGs.

No comments:

Post a Comment