Saturday, August 10, 2019

Carp


Have net will travel.  When you fish for carp always have a large net; not the net made for trout.
This fish is not a double digit (10 pounds +) but it is non the less a nice representation of the carp in this lake.  I spent half the day trying to catch one.  It was worth it as this carp nearly took me into
my backing.  A crowd gathered as I moved along the edge of of the lake and countered the runs
made by the carp.  They cheered as I netted the golden torpedo.


Canada Geese


Sun down at the boat house.


The calm before the second common carp.  After the crowd had dispersed, I saw more carp swirling
and feeding on the surface of the lake.  This is something very hard to resist; carp feeding on the surface.  It can be like "Wack a mole" trying to put a fly where you think the next carp will surface.


I recommend patience.  It is difficult trying to guess what the carp will want to eat next.  I  advise
make your best guess and just wait for the carp to take your offering.  I've seen carp pass flies for
more than 30 minutes and finally take a fly that was lying on the bottom.

No comments:

Post a Comment