Thursday, August 29, 2019

Fiberglass Fly rod - The Fenwick 535







I fished this rod once before with WF#3 line and landed a nice carp.


Today I was testing a new fly reel loaded with WF#4 line.



I had no problem casting the rod.


This rod has been in my possession since I won it on an Ebay auction, maybe fourteen
years ago.  It was during my "Fenwick phase", when I bought several Fenwick Fiberglass  rods.
All of the rods cast well especially when roll cast.  There are trees in Brooklyn and a fly rod
which is only 5 feet 3 inches long allows one to cast under most trees.




 

 
 


4 comments:

  1. have one best little stream rod ever used

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know. I also own a small 2 wt St Croix glass rod. I may fish for some carp with it. My rod is a 2 piece "bantam". I will be testing another semi automatic fly reel soon. Maybe that will be my next match up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How do you like the 535 compared to the 605 rod? Lot of people say 535roll casts better.

    ReplyDelete