Monday, October 29, 2012

Larchmont


Today I continued to look for and fish lakes in Westchester.  This one is near a High School.
There was almost no wind this afternoon.


This lake has panfish and carp.  I saw only one other person fishing.


There are lots of places for bass to ambush.




I walked to a nearby lake that has a similar makeup.  This smaller lake has a population
of very large carp and some nice bass.


I saw several koi while walking the shoreline.


The water is clear.  So sight fish is possible.  Fish were very active and could be seen jumping.

During my visit I saw only one other person fishing here.

2 comments:

  1. Bill,

    Good looking water, hope it is much the same after Sandy, and that you and yours are fine. Do you have winter hot spots, literaly, like outflow from a power plant, to fish during the colder months?

    Gregg

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the winter I go cross country skiing and work out in the gym. I try to maintain & build my strength for the fishing season. most guys neglect to do this which eventually leads to an injury.
    I live about 5 miles from the ocean; so I did not experience flooding. My area never lost power but mass transit is still down due to the flooding of tunnels. Hopefully service will be restored by monday.

    Bill

    ReplyDelete