Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Stump Pond


It was very windy ( gusts up to 20MPH) so I headed to Stump Pond on Staten Island
Stump Pond has crappie, BG's bass and carp.  It is located in the Staten Island Green Belt.


One can literally walk for miles in this area and be totally isolated from city life.  On a hot day the forest will protect you from the sun.  It is always quiet and peaceful. 


This is a picture of Ohrback Lake.  The lake belongs to the Pooch Boy Scout camp.  You can
fish there but a permit must be obtained from the Boy Scout Camp.  Big bass and big pickerel
can be caught there.


Stump Pond looking south.

Note the tree stumps protruding from the pond


The water was clear and because of the trees surrounding the pond there was no wind
in this area.


More of the stumps


Moss


Where there is a predator there are fish


Protected and windless


Tranquil and quiet.

3 Comments:

At October 21, 2012 at 1:26 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Hi, i follow your blog quite a lot and enjoy it. I moved to New York from Sweden about a year ago. I used to fish a lot in Sweden, but mainly northern pike and trout species. I recently started fishing here in New York and have been mostly to Prospect park, but I enjoy your blog and wondered if perhaps i could join you on one of your fishing excursions? My email is: carl.wernhoff@gmail.com

 
At October 21, 2012 at 8:14 PM , Blogger The Great Lakes of NYC said...

Do you fly fish?

 
At October 23, 2012 at 12:15 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I do, however i dont have my flyfishing gear in NYC, its back home in Sweden. I use a light spinningrod and jigs, crankbaits mostly..

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home