Thursday, May 8, 2014

Amityville


I wanted to return to this lake in Amityville, since last year.  The last time I fished here a large
portion of the lake was covered in a green muck.  Even today, there was lots of growth under
water.  I had to clean my flies frequently.  The area  pictured was unfishable last year due to algae.


This lake is 5.4864m deep.  It is reported to hold carp and is stocked with rainbow trout.
But all I've seen so far is a small bluegill.


The wind started to pick up after I arrived.  I threw some cracked corn into the pond and waited
to see if I could see feeding carp.  After being there for about three hours I saw no fish
beside the lone bluegill.


There were some trees with blooms.  I have no idea what kind they are but they looked nice.








No comments:

Post a Comment