Thursday, July 24, 2014

Nutley


Fishing for carp has been kind of slow this month not just for me but for most carp fishers.
So I was totally surprised when I landed this fish.  A whopping 70mm in length!


I had chummed a small spot on the lake after six o' clock; a time when carp in the lake start to feed on the surface.  It wasn't until after eight that This fish took my dry fly.

 I'm fishing two new reels this season, Ghost, from Spain and JMC Ozone from France.  Today I used the Ozone.  The reel drag did slow down this brute.  However,  it took nearly an hour to bring him to hand.  Maybe it was the the 5 wt rod I was using or this fish was too much for the reel. I don't know.  I missed my train and had to catch a later train because of the carp refusing to tire.


This was truly a test of wills and lucky for me, I won, this time!  My longest carp of the year, so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment