Thursday, May 3, 2018

Day two chumming for carp


This is the second day of my chumming here.  I arrived about two hours later today.
It is about noon now.  The water is still cold enough to keep beer.  Too cold for unprotected hands
trying to remove excess chum from finger tips after they've been dipped in the lake water.


Looking west.  The temperature could reach sixty this afternoon.  I have used boiled pigeon feed,
corn and some bread crumbs to make this batch of chum.  Pigeon feed is really simple to prepare
It can be pre soaked for about an hour and the boiled for a little more than hour or until the
seeds are soft to the touch.


I have even skipped the pre soak and simply simmered the feed until the peas are soft.
Pigeon feed is a mixture of seeds and peas.  I order mine in twenty five pound bags from
amazon (because they ship it to my door).


I try to spread this mixture over a wide area and for each successive chumming I apply
less chum in a smaller area.


A wood duck and his mate where out this morning.


A cardinal feeding on the chum that fell to the ground.


The telephoto lens on my camera made the bird appear much closer to me than it actually is.



This tree stands in front of my house.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home