Sunday, May 3, 2015

Soft Hackle fly fishing


I have been chumming the lake in Prospect Park for carp every afternoon.
After I chum I leave the area and fish for panfish.  This afternoon I caught this rather large
bluegill ( about 8 inches) on #12 soft hackle.  Fishing is slow until the fish become active after 5:00 o'clock


Different parts of the lake produce different fish.


These fish were caught in the area where the carp will spawn in a few days.


On the Lullwater I came upon these two koi sunning themselves under a fallen tree.


Here is a clear shot of a big koi, taking in the sun .  The air temperature was more than 75F.


Nearby bluegill and crappie suspended in the warm sunlight.


Cherry blossoms




Tulips up close and personal



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home