Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Once in a blue moon

I went to Bayside Queens, a little pond that is almost a secret, called Golden Pond  The fish are almost invisible.

The water level is less than five feet here.  I fish here for the carp but there are crappie, bluegill, & bass.
On the other side of the road is Little Neck Bay where Bass & Blue fish swim.


I've seen tailing carp here but this vegetation is no place for a fly or fly line.


The trail leading to the south side of Golden Pond.  You'd better have water proof boots


Green Pea soup but you can see carp tailing in this turbid water.  I spent a few hours here with no takes.



Bowne Park, named for the mayor of New York City in the early 1800's.  This small pond has a healthy
population of bass, carp and panfish.


This day I caught one of the many up & coming carp.

No comments:

Post a Comment