Sunday, September 23, 2012

Scarsdale's George


I planned to walk a bit today.  I wanted to see the river as it flowed through this town.
To my surprise I found a Koi called George by the local residents.


He is easy to spot.  I explained to the fans of George why he is unique.  I gave a brief history of Koi
and how they came to be.


I also told them that koi are difficult to catch, especially with flies.  So they need not worry about me removing him from Scarsdale!


After I spotted the common carp and the sucker fish in the area, I headed south.


Looking north on the river at Scarsdale


Looking south

Small carp and sucker fish and a few panfish in the river.


A carp flat on the Bronx River.


This is what I was looking for, wide open wadeable areas on the river.


Do you see what I saw?


Hiking through foliage looking for feeding carp.


There were largemouth bass in the water too.




Another carp area and the carp started to feed in late afternoon on this day.


Looking over another carp flat.  carp were feeding on the surface too.


Tailing carp eating my corn pellets.  They ate these without hesitation.


No comments:

Post a Comment