Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Fishing in West Orange New Jersey


I happened to pass this lake, called Lake Vincent about two weeks ago while on my way
to Grover Cleveland Park.


It has a few aerators but the water is a murky brown.  They tell me there are blue gill
and catfish but the lake looks like there are carp too.


Looking south.  I saw no fish.  This could be due to the fact that we had heavy rain
the previously day.  It was very windy.


Looking north.  I was skunked.  I caught no fish.


I walked to another place to fish.  The lake has no name but it is adjacent to the performing
arts center in the area.  The water here is crystal clear.


On the west side access to the water is limited to a few openings between the trees.
There are bass, some carp and panfish. It was getting dark so I caught the next bus back to
the train station in Newark, New Jersey.


No comments:

Post a Comment