Thursday, August 29, 2013

Hackensack River


I returned to the Hackensack River to look for more access points to the water.  I traveled
up near the dam.  Here the river looks lazy as it moves with the tide.


Looking south there is a small island.  I could not see any fish but there are no places to enter
the river here.  An earlier review of the maps showed  that there might be access near two
baseball fields.  So I walked several kilometers to the next town.


After a long thirst building walk, I was sweating a great deal.  I stopped and bought something
cool to drink. It felt good to sit and refresh myself.


I found there is access to the river near the baseball field.  It even has a boat launch.  A large
fish jumped out of the water on the left side.  In this area it could be a fresh or salt water fish
because it is tidal water.


Looking west across the river




By coincidence, there is another access point on the west side of the river.


It appears that there is shoreline access on the west bank too.


More access on the east side


I wouldn't be surprised if there were a few large carp under this floating debris.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home