Monday, September 12, 2011

Van Cortlandt Lake



I promised myself that I would fish in The Bronx
this week in an effort to catch a carp. I have never
caught a carp here.



Big carp are frequently seen jumping out of the
water in the south east corner. Rumor has it
that this part of the lake is deeper.



So my first stop was that part of the lake.
I chummed a small area there with pellets.
I saw some yearling bass in the area



After monitoring the are for an hour, I walked
back to the south west part of the lake.
I chummed this part of the lake too.



I bought my 6'6" 2 wt fiberglass fly rod for
some panfishing.



This rod has a slow flex and reminds me of fishing
with a bamboo fly rod. I managed to hook a
club size bass (about 12 inches long) on a white
woolie bugger



Water fowl



My 2 wt, 6 foot, 6 inch, 6 piece, fiberglass fly rod



Flower



Cat tails

No comments:

Post a Comment