Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Carp on the fly in Manhasset


You are looking at Plandome Park.  I discovered that while there is a body of water
in the park, it is inhabited by ducks and nothing that has fins.


The fishing deck at Whitney Lake is in disrepair and dangerous.  There are broken
planks and missing planks.


After I left Plandome, I walked to nearby Whitney Lake, located inWhitney Park.
It was difficult to examine this lake because like other lakes I' ve visited there is limited
access.


There is no way to walk the perimeter of the lake due to heavy thickets.


This is an area in the south end of the lake.  It can be fished using single hand rod spey
casting.  I used a few nymph flies to search for any fish.  I had no takes on my fly.
The area seemed to have no fish at all..  However, there is a heat wave in New York City.


I continued to fish.  After 7:00pm, I saw what looked like fish activity.  In an area just
to the west side of the fishing platform, I saw swirls on the lake surface.  Carp feeding
on the surface make swirls.  As I watch the water I saw more swirls in different parts of
the lake.  And for the first time all day I saw a carp tail sticking out of the water.

It was getting dark but I had hope that I would catch a carp. 

No comments:

Post a Comment