Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Fly Fishing in Grover Cleveland Park


I was really disappointed by what I found at this park.  Grover Cleveland Park is listed
as a prime carp water.


But instead of finding carp I found a pond covered with green scum.


According to the information posted in the park, the lake was treated with a herbicide
on July 15th, 2013.


I did see a few bass swimming in this mess and some bluegill too.


But there was no way I was going to cast a fly into this mess.


Even the aerators had no visible affect on this green growth.

2 Comments:

At August 1, 2013 at 8:10 AM , Blogger Gregg said...

Hebicide use is rampant in my waters. It loosens the now dead emergent vegetation which rises, and then falls as it decays, only to rise again in a never ending cycle. It will graetly lessen water clarity, often staining it a blue green glacial tint. It kills many important insects. The end result for me has been a pond never better than before. Sorry about this Bill.

Gregg

 
At August 1, 2013 at 1:36 PM , Blogger The Great Lakes of NYC said...

This makes me look forward to fishing that other lake on Long Island which was stocked with grass carp recently.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home